-
March 20th, 2004, 03:55 AM
#11
Inactive Member
heyy!!...ive been here a while..i think ...let see...
my name thingy is Verykawaiineko..but you can call me neko...yeah whatever
Im currently residing in ohio...>.>...but i use to live in asia...*misses china like crazy*
Im in high school- and can barely drive without killing anyone...
I dont do anything or contiribute anything to the site...i just download the scans like a crack addictXD
I love shounen-ai/yaoi..manga..the smuttier the better*cough* West end*cough* [img]redface.gif[/img] i have a strange obsession with shoujou manga...*Fruba Fruba*..and androgeny...and I guess J-rock though not crazy obsessive..and um taiwanese idol soaps(they are the best thing on earth for a gloomy rainy day^__^)
-
March 20th, 2004, 03:56 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Hey hm.... I've been around for some time... not nearly long enough to be a veteran, but not a newbie either..
I too, shall be attending Anime North soon, (^_^)
Yeah, um.. what else is there to say? Oh yeah, My name's Yuy Ren... but people just call me Yuy (did I rip taht off Heero Yuy? hm... yes and no.. it's my actual name^^) I'm 16 and will be 17 by July and i'm currently stationed between US and the arctic (yes, bonus points for guessing canada).
I started out liking anime/manga in grade 8.. 14 years of age, was it?..... anywho.. yeah, Gundam Wing took me down from that keep on studying frea-- i mean, hard working student to an anime/manga obsessed freak [img]biggrin.gif[/img] not that i'm complaining
yeah... I like all of Kaori Yuki's work, da woman's a genius -_-;; Angel sanctuary being my favorite. I'm also a fervent shoujo lover, Hanakimi and Tokyo Crazy Paradise leading the way followed closely by Skip Beat.
Yeah, i also don't do anything on this site except leech off of it [img]tongue.gif[/img] I love everything SC scanlates and would love to help, except i don't know japanese, can only barely converse in chinese, so unless there's something german, i'm afraid i won't be of much help. Although i do edit so if you lack editors, drop me a line [img]tongue.gif[/img]
hm.. what else? i think that's it... long live SC!!
-
March 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
#13
Inactive Member
yeiiiiii.......hellloooooooooooo everybody ^_^
im glad this got some replies...but I KNOW we're still missing some ppl...so im just going to assume they are either feeding their manga addiction (like im going to do in about 5 minutes) or volunteering their services for charity (ie: making the drugs(manga duh!) to fee our addictions)...if ur not doing either of these drop a line and say hello ^_^
anyways...nice to see new avas...and some old ones coming out of the wood work..i wish i could join you guys in the irc chat thing..but unfortunetly im on a comp that belongs to my dad (sounds lame everytime i know) and he wont let me download it...but that will soon change when i move out in about 5 months ^_^
woohoo......and anyone who likes shonen ai or yaoi have u been to hoochuami or mochi mochi? i just discovered them a while ago and they are like on par to sakura-crisis as far as scanlations goes. friendly people and extreamly cute stories...go there if u havent already ^_^
ok enough of my rant...on with the show
-
March 20th, 2004, 05:51 AM
#14
Inactive Member
Well, I haven't been here as long as Carole, so I'm not really a veteran... yet I'm not a newbie, either. Hmmm... I'm in between, I guess. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, I'm a college student in North Carolina. I like many many different animes & mangas. To list a few: Kaori Yuki (anything), Love Mode (of course), pretty much most of the scanlations here [img]wink.gif[/img] , and then (on the opposite side of the spectrum from Kaori Yuki) anything by CLAMP. I also like Petshop of Horrors, Flame of Recca, Fushigi Yuugi, Alice 19th, Ceres, FAKE, Demon Diary, Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Vampire Game- *ahem* lol, the list could just keep on going and going. [img]cool.gif[/img]
I used to be on IRC frequently, yet real life has a tendency to interfere, and this semester I have a truly horrendous schedule. I'll be available more in the summer, I think.
~Crystal
(XD I can still think of lots more titles for my list, but I'll take pity on all you other members)
-
March 20th, 2004, 07:20 PM
#15
Inactive Member
hi all of you!, i'm not new but i've stopped to say hello just as jadey told me to; i'm from mexico and i'm obsessed with anime manga and (as most of the people here) yaoi, i like all kaori yuki and youka nitta's works,i love love mode, YnM, rurouni kenshin, kaze to ki no uta, Kousokuihan, west end, wild rock, etc.. and for anime i like cowboy bebop, evangelion, vampire hunter d, x, samurai x (and the ovas too), akira, ghost in the shell, serial experiments lain and so on; i like dancing,reading, hearing music (placebo!!) and watching good movies, and...well i think you have a general idea at this point about me right?, then enjoy the board as much as i do!!~.^
-
March 20th, 2004, 10:33 PM
#16
Inactive Member
... I'm not really a newbie, am I? But, I'm definately not a veteran either...
Erm... yeah.
Hello, I'm Jojjo - or more commonly - Joanna.
I'm 18 years old, from Sweden and my only contribution to this list is lurking around and once in a while post a really long post which, I think, are far too long to for anyone to bother to read.
I'm currently in High School (Technology/design) and I'm a horrible speller when it comes to English.
I've been studying Japanese for about a year and I'd love to translate, but my knowledge is mostly self-tought - I can read and pronounce hiragana and katakana, which maybe isn't much to brag about, but the real problem is that I'm mostly not too sure just -what- I'm reading.
Besides, good manga over here is hard to find.
My favorite titles are too many to list but my current favourites are... naw, I'll spare you my rants.
I love drawing... things and I used to be quite into writing when I had more time. I have a strange tendency to do researches and write essays over the most strange topics.
What's more to say?
I've been around since October but I've haven't gotten around making an avatar until now - which says a lot about how often I post, don't it?
I like useless knowledge, I've got a lousy sense of humor and I use these -->^.^ a lot.
And once again, I have been unsucsessful in making a short post. ^.^;;
//Joanna
PS. While I'm at it - what happened to the shirt idea? DS.
-
March 21st, 2004, 03:12 AM
#17
Inactive Member
haha i remember that shirt thing....guess that fizzled out
i think we all realized how much work it was and overworked we are anyways....and since risu-chan was doing most of it...we dont want to bog her down further. she needs a day of rest.
anyways while im here...anyone out their play (how to make this not sound lame)....the video juegos? (hehe sounds cooler in spanish)
cuz im definetly like the only girl in my area that plays video games..and any of the guys i know are total dorks about it...and make me want to keep my little video thing a secret. anytime i want to buy one at the store (which is rare..im poor..and im really not very good) the guy at the counter is some geek with glances trying to tell me what level dungeon master he is. or say something like "oh your boyfriend has good taste in games"
grrr...anyways..if u do jugar ^_^ whats ur game of choice. i like tombraider, ffiii, fx, fx2 and chrono cross
-
March 21st, 2004, 04:11 AM
#18
Inactive Member
I should be writing my major paper right now, but I just need a break. So here is my reintroduction.
My name is Pandora. I have many boxes, but as far as I can tell, I haven't let out any disaster yet.
I'm in university right now. So I feel kind of old compared to you people... Anyway, I'm an anime/manga fan (my, aren't that original?), and also one of the translator of YnM for Sakura-Crisis (although it seems like I'm the only one left right now, since the last couple of chapters were all done by me) *embarrassed*. It seems like YnM will be licensed, so guess I'll be out of the job real soon. Not that there is any work for me lately (Where are you, Crisis?).
Since I have way too many favourite titles, I'll just list some authors I like: Yuki Kaori, Minekura Kazuya, Kinoshita Sakura, Suzue Miuchi (Glass Mask), Kotegawa Yua (Anne Freaks), Ikeda Riyoko (Oniisama E, Rose of Versailles), Matsushita Yoko (unfortunate that YnM is on hiatus for so long)... used to like Clamp, but not as much anymore. My taste is very diverse, I know.
Doesn't seem like I've read that many yaoi or shounen-ai manga, hmm? Guess I like subtlety and ambiguity a lot more. So I don't read that many yaoi manga. Doesn't mean I don't like the idea though. I would've wanted to read Mirage of Blaze (the novels), if I could...
Wow, this is way longer than my original introduction. By the way, my new avatar is from one of the pictures Clamp drew for JoJo Bizarre Adventure (go figure, a very shoujo-ish take on a very shounen-ish title), pretty isn't it?
-
March 21st, 2004, 05:28 PM
#19
Inactive Member
i used to play the resident evil series and right now i like tombraider and just for fun the dead or alive, i also like zelda and some others, it must be really frustrating for them to think the video games are for your boyfriend...asi que te recomiendo (como yo)que juegues hasta morir ^^
-
March 21st, 2004, 06:39 PM
#20
Inactive Member
Hi! Well, since I've been somewhat of a lurker here for a while (A long while ^_^ [img]wink.gif[/img] and haven't bothered to say anything...
I'm Anosano, from the states, and I guess this is sorta late but I was on vacation for the last week, and there was no internet (ahh! Well, vacation was loads of fun).
I don't speak Japanese (Spanish instead...), My tastes are more shonen but have started to move to shoujo of late ^_^ and shounen-ai/yaoi
Let's see...I think that's it...Ok, that's my little intro
<font color="#660033"><font size="1">[ March 21, 2004 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Anosano ]</font></font>
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 21, 2004 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Anosano ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks